This booklet highlights the thoughts and suggestions of the Young Ambassadors for Inclusion with the aim of supporting all those involved in education to improve the experiences and opportunities of young people at school.
The Young Ambassadors for Inclusion are a group of children and young people from secondary schools who have been invited by their local authority to work with Education Scotland to share their views and experiences of inclusion in Scottish Schools. Each member of the group has additional support needs (ASN) but all have individual needs. The network meets three times per year.
As a network the Young Ambassadors hope to:
- Help other pupils across Scotland who also have additional support needs
- Raise awareness of ASN with other pupils to reduce stigma and improve understanding
- Improve staff understanding of inclusion
- Work together to consider ways to develop and support inclusive education in Scotland
- Provide support for each other